Copyright 2012 - Bhagyavision
provided by Web Site Sri Lanka
Mother love lost
He drank acid thinking it was alcohol
A 45 year old father of two in Rathnagala, Imbulana who mistook a bottle of acid for a bottle of alcohol had to pay with his dear life recently.
The victim who had mistakenly consumed a bottle of acid thinking it to be alcohol had been rushed to the Karawanella hospital around 7.30 pm on Tuesday as he had felt unusual pains and a burning sensation in his stomach and body.
At the hospital he had confessed to doctors who examined him that he had mistakenly consumed acid instead of alcohol. However, he had died at the hospital the following morning despite all efforts made by doctors to save him.
JMO Karawanella hospital Dr Jeevantha Wimalaratne who held the inquest returned a verdict of death due to consumption of acid.